Post-Judgment Enforcement, Contempt And Modification

When a party willfully fails to comply with an order requiring payment of alimony or child support payments, or to follow an order relating to a parenting plan, custody or visitation, the law in Florida authorizes the filing of a contempt action to enforce the court order. Upon a finding of contempt, the offender can be ordered to cooperate or face incarceration. The court can also order the offender to pay the other side's attorney's fees.

Our lawyers have extensive experience representing clients seeking enforcement of prior orders, as well as those clients defending such an action.

If you have experienced a change in circumstances since your divorce or paternity action was finalized, then you may have grounds to seek a modification of that order. Parties often seek to modify time-sharing and parenting issues due to the age and changing needs of the children.

Child support is often modified due to an increase or decrease of a party's income. Finally, alimony is often modified or terminated due to a change in a party's marital status or an increase or decrease in either party's income. To determine whether your court order or settlement agreement may be modified, schedule a case assessment with one of our top-rated attorneys at Beaulieu-Fawcett Law Group, P.A.

Schedule A Free Attorney Consultation About Modifications Or Enforcements

If you have additional questions about post-judgment enforcement, contempt or modification, call 561-819-6208 or complete our brief contact form. Our law office is in Delray Beach, Florida and we handle these cases throughout Palm Beach, Broward and Martin counties.